Our spiritual direction internship, founded more than twenty-five years ago, offers training and supervision leading to certification.
The internship is deeply experiential in nature, featuring peer group supervision, assigned readings, and the practice of spiritual discovery.
Under the supervision and mentorship of two highly experienced spiritual directors, interns receive referrals, initiate spiritual direction, and undergo one-on-one and group supervision, creating community as they progress toward certification.
The program, which is limited to nine people per cohort, begins with a three-day intensive in mid-September and meets one day a week through May.
- Ongoing experience with personal spiritual direction.
- Active spiritual practice.
- Openness to religious diversity.
- Commitment to engage in experiential learning.
- Ability to companion others in a one-to-one relationship.
- Background in Theology and Spirituality.
- Minimum of five years in ministry.
- Participants must be present for the three-day opening retreat.
- Each participant will meet with directees provided by Claret Center.
- Participants are encouraged to attend at least two workshops recommended by Claret Center Staff.
- Participants must be undergoing active, ongoing spiritual direction.
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- $4,500 tuition. Financing options may be arranged with the Executive Director.
- Workshop fees
How to Apply
- Write an autobiography that includes your spiritual journey (4-5 pages).
- Gather three letters of recommendations from persons who know you well, including at least one person who has some experience of you in ministry.
- Fill out a completed registration form, which you can download here.
- Please submit all materials, along with a $50.00 deposit, to Irma Cruz, Executive Director, Claret Center, 5536 S. Everett Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637. For more information, please email email@example.com or call (773) 643-6259.