Our psychotherapy practicum, founded in 1979, offers training and supervision to satisfy professional school and licensing requirements.
Our practicum students benefit from an extremely diverse client population through placement at parishes and schools throughout the Chicagoland area.
Together, supervisors and students form a treatment team, optimizing available resources to support healing and personal growth on the part of our students and their clients.
This program is limited to 5 students per cohort. Each cohort enjoys the supervision of two supervisors. Participants meet one day a week through May.
Qualifications [tbd by Mary, who will check with Allan]
- Wisdom gained through life experience
- Openness to mind-body-spirit modalities
- Appreciation for diverse identities and viewpoints
- Students must fulfill duties related to site assignments, which may include seeing clients, maintaining clinical files, marketing programs, collecting fees, and presenting workshops.
- To ensure personal as well as professional growth over the course of the year, the practicum includes an ongoing weekly learning community that includes both individual and group supervision. Supervisors and peers support each student in finding an approach to therapy that maximizes their unique personal style and gifts.
The cost of the program is covered through billing fees.
How to Apply
Applications for the practicum are accepted in February. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference, to Dr. Allan Schnarr.